Despite economic uncertainty and global hiring slowing down, a recent global survey from LinkedIn reveals that 60% of professionals are considering a new job this year – driven by the desire for bigger salaries as the cost-of-living increases.
The survey found that 38% desire higher pay while also revealing that 30% are looking to pursue a better work-life balance.
To provide insight on these trends, LinkedIn’s 2023 Jobs on the Rise list shows the 20 fastest-growing jobs in Canada, offering insights into where job seekers can find opportunity and stability as they search for their next role.
The report features links to average salaries, remote work availability, the top skills for each role along with free LinkedIn Learning courses.
The top 5 roles in Canada include:
1. Growth Marketing Manager – including work in sales, marketing, and communications, and using data to develop and communicate strategies and processes to increase business revenue.
2. Product Operations Manager –usually have a cross-functional role, working with management and companies’ various teams to build and oversee the effectiveness of business processes, operations, products and/or services.
3. Dispensary Technician – typically involves taking and filing out orders at cannabis dispensaries.
4. Technical Program Manager – work involves developing and managing organizations’ various technical projects and programs.
6. Sustainability Manager – works to balance an organizations’ needs with its capacity for sustained profitability, involving the monitoring and forecasting of its impact on the surrounding environment.
Beyond highlighting growing jobs, this list is full of actionable insights and resources including how your can upskill yourself.
Check out the complete list online here.