Home to some of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, you can find made in London content and products in the video games you play, ATM’s you take cash out of, Hollywood feature films you watch, and orders you place at Tim Horton’s.
London has strengths in information communication technology (ICT), digital media, software as a service (SaaS), game development, eCommerce, and financial technology. 350+ companies employ over 9,000 people in this sector, who are developing products that influence many other industries – from enhancing medical procedures and manufacturing processes to making everyday financial transactions easier and secure.
As a nationally recognized test market city, London is an ideal place for companies to develop new tech products and services prior to nationwide launch. Rogers’ a-la-carte cable services and Cineplex Digital Media’s in-store digital advertising signs were tested here.
Why Digital Media and Tech Companies Choose London
- Talented workforce specializing in software and product development, programming, computer science, and design
- Connected ecosystem with engaging industry groups and meetups
- Some of the most affordable Class A office space of Canada’s largest metropolitan cities
- Lower commute time of 21 minutes and readily available public transportation
- Well-serviced by reliable, high-performance networks offering fibre and dark fibre connectivity and fully-featured Certified Data Centres
- Connect with 25 research and development institutions
Tech Headlines From London
- CARFAX Named One of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Innovation Challenges Launched To Help Southwestern Ontario Tech
- Techalliance Moving TO New Space As It Looks To Spur Growth For Tech
London’s Top 3 Tech Employers
Digital Extremes has 25+ years of experience making great games. From its early shareware hit Epic Pinball and the pioneering, co-created Epic Games Unreal series, to its modern day successes Dark Sector, The Darkness II, and the award-winning Warframe, Digital Extremes’ genre-defining games blaze a path of creativity, innovation and career opportunities unlike any developer in the world.
2. Race Roster
Race Roster was founded by a group of friends with combined interests in running, technology, and event management. After organizing their own 10K in 2010, it was very apparent that the running industry was in dire need of better technology. Since May of 2012, Race Roster has partnered with over 4,000 organizers to grow, manage and execute on race day!
Diply creates some of the most engaging, sharable and interesting content on the internet each and every day. Creators at Diply use awesome formats to entertain their audience including videos, live features, stories, memes and articles. Diply lives at the intersection of art + science to connect the most engaging content ideas with fans on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter.
London Economic Development Corporation
As the lead economic development agency for London, Canada, LEDC supports the growth of existing businesses, attracts new businesses to London, and strives to ensure companies have the talent, resources, and business conditions they need to continue scaling.
LEDC works with existing businesses in London and businesses considering expanding to London in the agri-food, manufacturing, digital media and tech, health, and professional services sectors.