Home to some of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, you can find made in London content and products in the video games you play, ATM’s you take cash out of, Hollywood feature films you watch, and orders you place at Tim Horton’s.
London has strengths in information communication technology (ICT), digital media, software as a service (SaaS), game development, eCommerce, and financial technology. 350+ companies employ over 9,000 people in this sector, who are developing products that influence many other industries – from enhancing medical procedures and manufacturing processes to making everyday financial transactions easier and secure.
As a nationally recognized test market city, London is an ideal place for companies to develop new tech products and services prior to nationwide launch. Rogers’ a-la-carte cable services and Cineplex Digital Media’s in-store digital advertising signs were tested here.
Why Digital Media and Tech Companies Choose London
- Talented workforce specializing in software and product development, programming, computer science, and design
- Connected ecosystem with engaging industry groups and meetups
- Some of the most affordable Class A office space of Canada’s largest metropolitan cities
- Lower commute time of 21 minutes and readily available public transportation
- Well-serviced by reliable, high-performance networks offering fibre and dark fibre connectivity and fully-featured Certified Data Centres
- Connect with 25 research and development institutions
Tech Headlines From London
- VersaBank buys London cybersecurity firm, eyes stronger online safeguards
- Arcane acquired by Toronto tech marketing firm
- Swedish firm’s $76M deal for Big Blue Bubble a ‘win’ for London tech
- Northern purchase of Digital Echidna creates ‘super agency’ in London tech
- 8 London businesses make Canada’s Top Growing Companies list
- Canadian CARFAX Team Continues to Expand in London, Ontario
London’s Top 5 Tech Employers
Northern Commerce is Canada’s leading and fastest growing eCommerce agency. We are a group of dedicated learners who share a passion for all things digital. We provide full-service digital marketing solutions and deliver enterprise omni-channel eCommerce solutions for retailers, manufacturers, and wholesalers around the world.
Big Blue Bubble is an established video game developer with over 15 years of experience creating fun, innovative, and accessible titles. They develop games on a variety of platforms that inspire creativity and encourage people of all ages to embrace their playful side.
Founded by James Schmalz in 1993, Digital Extremes leapt from early shareware hit Epic Pinball to the innovative Unreal Series (co-created with Epic Games) to the massive free-to-play success of Warframe. Leading with community-first development, Digital Extremes has stayed at the forefront of the video game industry for more than 25 years. With more than 300 staff across two offices in Canada and the U.S., Digital Extremes’ diverse team brings innovation, imagination and passion to its studio culture.
Mobials is a software development company focused on bringing value to B2C companies and their customers. We combine technology, data and personal service, empowering our clients to help consumers make informed, transparent and stress-free decisions.
CARFAX Canada, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), is Canada’s definitive source of automotive information, delivering vehicle history, appraisal and valuation. Drawing on billions of data records from thousands of unique sources, its products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. Formerly known as CARPROOF Corporation, CARFAX Canada is dedicated to transparency, and is trusted to provide impartial and comprehensive information to dealerships, vehicle manufacturers, consumers, major auctions, governments, insurance providers and police agencies.
London Economic Development Corporation
As the lead economic development agency for London, Canada, LEDC supports the growth of existing businesses, attracts new businesses to London, and strives to ensure companies have the talent, resources, and business conditions they need to continue scaling.
LEDC works with existing businesses in London and businesses considering expanding to London in the agri-food, manufacturing, digital media and tech, health, and professional services sectors.