LinkedIn has released the Canadian edition of the 2022 Top Companies list, which features the best workplaces for Canadians.
As companies continue to navigate the workplace in a post-pandemic world, the competitive market has put employees in the driver’s seat. Each year, the Top Companies list identifies the best workplaces Canadians can grow their career and shares the insights they need to navigate their professional journey.
LinkedIn uses its data to rank companies on the list based on seven pillars that have been shown to lead to career progression: ability to advance; skills growth; company stability; external opportunity; company affinity; gender diversity and educational backgrounds.
Here is what the highest ranked LinkedIn Top Companies are doing to attract and keep talent:
1. RBC – RBC recently launched an Innovation Hub in Calgary, where it plans to make hundreds of tech hires over three years.
2. TD – TD Bank announced plans to hire more than 2,000 people this year for new tech jobs as it expands into areas such as artificial intelligence and cloud-based operations.
3. Alphabet – Google employees are allowed to work from a location other than their main office for up to four weeks per year.
4. SAP – SAP Canada is piloting future of work ideas at its newly opened Montreal facility, including an app that lets employees see who else will be in the office on a given day.
5. Scotiabank – Scotiabank removed resume requirements for Canadians applying for internships, co-op placements and graduate positions and has begun using assessments from Plum to help find untapped talent and ease barriers to employment.
The full 2022 Top Companies in Canada list is here.