Hired, an AI-driven marketplace matching talent with companies, recently released its annual State of Software Engineers report.
The report analyzed key software engineering trends based on Hired’s proprietary data from 366,000 interactions between companies and software engineers. It found that software development is a high-demand role with increasing pay.
“Companies of all sizes now offer highly competitive salaries, especially as they compete for remote talent,” Josh Brenner, CEO at Hired, said in March.
“For tech job seekers, learning relevant skills is more important than ever,” he added, “and we see specialized skill sets leading to higher demand and salaries.”
For those picking up the skill sets Brenner refers to, there are several places to “learn to code” in a matter of weeks, such as Lighthouse Labs. For those ready to showcase skills they have already developed, below are just a small handful of the many organizations actively hiring for various developer roles in Canada—several of them remote opportunities.
- The Province of British Columbia is hiring full stack developers and more to build scalable web applications in a continuous deployment environment.
- The Government of Canada is after a Tech Lead who “contributes across the technology stack as a developer” among other duties.
- Harled is also hiring a full stack developer for its office at the Communitech Hub in the Kitchener-Waterloo region of Ontario.
- APOLLO Insurance out of Vancouver is hiring for a range of software positions which can be remote.
- Wipro Limited is hiring for several software-related positions including full stack developer.
- Montreal’s Sigma Software Group is looking for a software developer with expertise in Python.
- Personify out of Toronto wants to hire a PHP developer plus other software roles.
- Vancouver-based Smoking Gun Interactive is seeking remote developers to build a wide range of games.
- Surrey’s Delta Controls is offering a remote software development position as a quality assurance specialist. The BC company is also hiring for other roles.
- Riva International, based out of Edmonton, is seeking web developers to build new features and enhance existing web products.
For even more jobs and companies, check out the Tech Talent Canada Job Board.