Techies are known for job-hopping. The tech industry sees rapid churn, especially among developers and engineers, who typically upgrade their careers every two to five years, most estimates suggest.
LinkedIn’s Senior Insights Program Manager, Michael Booz, reported that software companies have the most turnover, above historically high-churn sectors like retail and entertainment. Within software, UX designers, data analysts, and software engineers are specific occupations with high turnover, according to Booz.
It’s not necessarily a bad thing, though. Booz notes that while tech, retail, and media all have “liquid” workforces, “each one sees talent turnover for very different reasons.”
In retail, high turnover often reflects poor working conditions or wages. In tech, however, the rapid churn is due to the supply and demand market forces. Techies may have high turnover, but they’re also most likely to take their next job within the same sector, Booz says.
For the software pro ready to churn up their next career upgrade, below are just a small handful of the many organizations actively hiring for senior-level tech positions in Canada. And who knows: maybe this next company is the one you just can’t leave.
- Workforce management solution Avanti Software is hiring for multiple senior-level engineering positions, including principal developer of security and principal developer of architecture.
- Toronto-based Lookout is hiring a senior backend engineer for its cybersecurity platform.
- Commercial real estate titan Colliers needs a senior full stack developer.
- Vancouver game studio Smoking Gun Interactive is hiring for a senior programmer.
- Personify out of Toronto is after a senior cloud engineer and senior automation engineer.
- The nonprofit Medavie Blue Cross is looking for a senior programmer.
- APOLLO in Vancouver would like a senior full stack developer on their team.
- Toronto’s LifeWorks is also hiring for a senior full stack developer.
- The Province of BC is hiring a senior business analyst and senior technical analyst.
For even more jobs and companies, check out the Tech Talent Canada Job Board.