The beautiful province of British Columbia boasts a robust jobs economy, and in the southwest region we find an internationally renowned startup hub—the Northern tip of a talent and technology pipeline flowing all the way to Silicon Valley in California.
BC is proudly home to at least a dozen “unicorns,” which are tech companies exceeding $1 billion in valuation.
Current BC unicorns include Blockstream, Visier, AbCellera, Clio, Dapper Labs, Galvanize, GeoComply, Thinkific, and Trulioo. Thanks to the high-energy entrepreneurship and local support of the area, startups with unicorn potential emerge almost daily in Vancouver.
Unicorns are pretty much always hiring but they’re not the only ones: BC is home to more than 500,000 small businesses—more per capita than any other province, in fact.
If you’re looking for career opportunities in BC in tech, consider yourself with options. Below we sample just a few job openings in BC tech.
- BC credit union Coast Capital wants integration developers and more.
- Port Coquitlam’s Photonic is currently 0ffering several technology roles.
- Vancouver game studio Smoking Gun Interactive is hiring for a senior programmer and lots more.
- The BC Pension Corporation is looking for a senior software tester and more.
- Surrey’s Delta Controls is hiring for technology positions.
- APOLLO Insurance out of Vancouver is hiring for a range of software positions.
- The Province of BC is hiring a senior business analyst and others.
For even more jobs and companies, check out the Tech Talent Canada Job Board.